You are here
Info Bites Newsletter
This edition of Info Bites talks cyber protection, meets CMIB's Alanna Bontempelli, introduces our mortgage & finance services, takes a Drive for Neale Daniher and tells what happened to a million chicken nuggets on the Hume Highway!
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CYBER SECURITY
Talk of cyber security and privacy is everywhere. Here are 5 things you need to know:
1) 70% of cyber-crime targets small businesses – and 60% of companies go out of business within one year of a data breach
2) A Telstra cyber security survey found almost 60 per cent of local organisations detected a security incident on at least a monthly basis in 2016
3) Every company that handles private data such as driving licence numbers, customer lists and credit cards should consider cyber insurance
4) Cyber insurance policies usually cover financial consequences of data loss and misappropriation, cyber-crime as well as expert advice and incident response teams
5) Most standard property and liability policies do not include coverage for cyber issues
MEET CMIB TEAM MEMBER - ALANNA
Alanna Bontempelli is one of our talented Account Managers. She looks after SME and Corporate clients and joined us in September 2016. Like many people, Alanna has been surprised at the number of people that have fallen into insurance as opposed to choosing it as their original career.
"I love working in the industry, getting to know our clients and making life long friends. If I wasn’t working for CMIB, I would be probably finishing the psychology course I started when I finished school. In my sparetime, I like cooking, catching up with friends and keeping active."
DID YOU KNOW? - WE HELP WITH MORTGAGES AND FINANCE
CMIB also offers mortgage and finance solutions to help our clients' meet their business and individual goals. This service is another example of our desire to do everything we can to add value to client relationships.
The finance market is constantly changing and we continually review your circumstances to ensure we always present valuable options. Find out how we can help you
CMIB Director up for Broker of the Year Award
Having been honoured with the VIC/TAS Broker of the Year Award, Penny Collins will soon find out if she has won the National Broker of the Year award - thanks to support from our clients and community organisations. Read More
OUT THERE - CHICKEN NUGGETS FILL HIGHWAY
When one million chicken nuggets filled the Hume Highway earlier this year, the homeless in Melbourne received an unexpected treat - proving disasters can have a silver lining.
COMMUNITY - DANIHER'S DRIVE
Many of you will know we spend a lot of time being part of the Fight MND Foundation with the amazing Neale Daniher.
Penny and Seamus are entering a car for the fourth year into Daniher’s Drive - The Tour for a Cure - this October. They are part of the fun-loving and passionate fundraisers, sports fans, keen adventurers and driving enthusiasts joining Neale Daniher, his brothers and sisters and the FightMND community on a four-day on-road extravaganza through Victoria and South Australia.
If you want to receive Info Bites straight into your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter